Friday, September 12, 2008

Brock & Andrea 9/08



This was a weekend of suprise impromtu BBQs. Brock was at the store and saw a big hunk o' pork that he couldn't resist and thought "I better call some people to help eat this thing". The Hardcore Meat staff will always help you eat hunks o' pork.

Now all BBQs we cover are subject to the same rigorous HCM rating system and since this was a last minute get together with guests invited via text message, it's inevitable that some of the rating catagories would be a little light, but I can't help but give an extra point somewhere in there for SPONTINAITY!

1. GEAR: Their BBQ grill has come on some hard times so it was not participating at this event, but the smoker picked up the slack and delivered with all high marks. Nice choice of all natural wood chips and coals! 2 points.



2. QUALITY OF MEAT: You cannot beat Brock's white meat. Great job on the pork. Slow cooked/smoked for 4-5 hours. 2 points.



3. ALCOHOL: Beer, wine, etc... the usual suspects. 1 point.

4. SIDE DISHES: Fortunately there was a Spaniard in attendance who save the Sides catagory, cuz you can't count on me w/ my QFC bought cucumber salad. 1.75 points.



5. CROWD: It was a small crowd... all good people... Ben was there from the Rez... but here's the clincher. Pat's wife Nami was there and that shit is RARE! I mean, this girl never makes it out. We're talking as rare as Bush saying something intelligent - that's like, what, once every 4 or 5 years? 2 points.



6. MUSIC: There was some music coming from the Garage-mahal but I couldn't really hear it. Come on now B&A, you guys love music and you have a lot of good stuff - crank that shit up! .5 point.

7. SETTING: Beautiful back yard (really beautiful) with water fall and hammock - AND, Andrea gave me a blanky and let me take a little nap in said hammock. 2 points.

8. DESSERT: Cherry pie w/ ice cream and some kind of raspberry chocolate cream pie which was some how laced with crack. 2 points.

9. DID WE LIKE YOU?: Not only did Andrea give me blanky for my nap, but Brock gave me his pants. 2 points.

Total score: 15.25 Thanks for the Q, kids!

2 comments:

The Doctor said...

I would very much like to meet the man who has beaten Brock's white meat.

Unknown said...

Hi Matt. It's Nami. Well, I was a super busy student for a while. I studied hard but not played hard. I finally graduated from the university. So, you will see me every party you go in the future!

You can visit my blog, too.