Saturday, June 7, 2008

Matt & Kathleen



Well, I think I'll finally get around to this, a month after the fact. Matt and Kathleen threw out a fine spread for everyone and it was a party to remember. Let's get down to it.

1. Quality of grilling gear. Stainless steel, propane. A good solid grill that's served its owner well. Yet Matt gets two points here. It was his professional quality tools that pushed it over the top.

2. Quality of meat. Not just good, but a rich variety. I remember some marinated Asian beef that was particularly good. 2 more points.


3. Alcohol. Standard beer, wine. Kathleen made lemon drops. Some smokables. 1 point.

4. Side dishes. I didn't get to partake in enough of this. It looked like there was a good variety. 1 point.



5. Crowd. I love going to parties at Matt and Kathleen's. I always wind up talking to a few people I'd never met and all my favorite people are usually there. 2 points.



6. Music. Kicked ass. Stereo playing loudly in the yard. Although they did play that one Thievery Corporation song. 2 points.

7. Setting. 2 points again here. Nice deck, huge backyard, fire pit and everything.

8. Dessert. I honestly cannot remember. I think there was ice cream, couple of flavors. 1 point.

9. Do we like Matt and Kathleen? Well...they're alright I suppose. I mean they're no Greg and Juanita, but I suppose that's an unfair standard. Hell, let's just give 2 points and be done with it.

That's a fifteen. Way to go, guys!

3 comments:

JP said...

Great BBQ. Extra points for having guests from 2600 miles away.

Anonymous said...

Nice meat, good drinks, big deck. nice BBQ. It's only too bad no one reviewed it.

The Doctor said...

Finally got the review done. Sorry about the delay.